THE SAFETY-CRITICAL SYSTEMS CLUB, Seminar:
Learning from Accident InvestigationsThursday 13 June, 2019 - Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, London, UK
Selected slides are now available:
This seminar considered what can be learnt from formal accident investigations, including the process, people and specifically the often very thorough and detailed accident reports that are produced and available in many sectors.
Some areas benefit from well-established, independent and respected accident investigation bodies, e.g. Air (military and civil), Nuclear, Rail and Marine, whereas others are progressing the same direction, e.g. Healthcare.
The seminar featured speakers from a range of sectors and covering different angles.
Speakers and talk titles are:
- Andrew Blackie, Abris Consulting Ltd - "Shoreham Accident"
- Donna Forsyth, Head of Patient Safety - NHS Improvement - "Learning from ‘Safety’ Investigations in Healthcare"
- Greg Morse, RSSB - "How the railway learns from history"
- Nicole Saunders, Osprey CSL - "Defence Accident Investigations: Identifying lessons to enhance organisational resilience"
- Harold Thimbleby, Swansea University - "We don't know what we don't know"
- Andrew White, ONR - "Learning from Investigations in Different Sectors"
- Simon Whiteley, Whiteley Aerospace - "CAST Accident Analysis: Overview"
This event was held in the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, London
Please contact Alex King, firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about SCSC events.
SCSC 06-03-2018 [V4e]