Safer Complex Systems Working Group (SCSWG)
The SCSC Safer Complex Systems WG builds on the IET/RAE work already done in this area.
DRAFT: To produce practical guidance on [how the risks of] safety-related complex systems should be managed throughout their lifecycle so as to achieve and [assure]justify their safety
Statement of the Problem
- It is acknowledged that complex systems are becoming more prevalent with more opportunities to cause harm
- Complex systems are not sufficiently addressed in current safety management practices and standards
- In particular, complex interactions and emergent behaviours are not currently assessed and managed sufficiently
- There could be benefit in developing new analysis, tools and techniques to manage complex system risks
- There are clear business and societal benefits, in terms of reduced harm, reduced liabilities and improved business efficiencies, in improved management of complex systems risk
We already have quite a few existing members, some draft documents and lots of interest. We will build on this.
The first meeting will be held by Zoom on 26th April 2023. This will feature a presentation by Simon Burton. Please let email@example.com know if you want to attend.
© SCSC 2023