SCSC - Catchup with past events
- Seminar: Drones and Unmanned Aerial Systems: How Can We Ensure Safe Flight?
December 7, 2017 - London, UK
The 1-day seminar looking at the system and safety issues of drones and unmanned aerial systems (UAS / UAV) was held at the London Hilton Hotel, Euston, London on 7th December 2017. …
- Tutorial: An introduction to model-based safety assessment and engineering
September 28, 2017 - London, UK
The 1-day tutorial "An introduction to model-based safety assessment and engineering" was held at the London Hilton Euston hotel on the 28th September 2017.
A final programme for this …
- Seminar: Risk, Proportionality and ALARP: How do we do enough for safety?
June 15, 2017 - London, UK
Slides are now available for this event:
01 - Felix Redmill - Risk, Its Tolerability and the ALARP Principle
02 - Mark Machin - Proportionate mitigation on large …
- Seminar: New Thinking in Human Factors for Safety
April 6, 2017 - London, UK
Slides are now available from this event:
01 - Chris Parsons - Human Factors in Aviation
02 - Neil May - Automation and Air Traffic Control
03 - Carl Sandom - Automation, …
- Symposium: Safety-critical Systems Symposium 2017 (SSS'17)
The Safety-Critical Systems Club's Silver Jubilee Symposium.
February 7 - 9, 2017 - Bristol, UK
The Safety-Critical Systems Club's Silver Jubilee Symposium was held at the Bristol Royal Marriott Hotel from the 7th-9th February 2017.
Keynote speakers were: Ron Bell, Prof. Robin …
- Seminar: New Challenges in Systems Safety
December 6, 2016 - London, UK
A complete programme with speaker information for this event is now available.
Selected slides from the event are now available:
Ken Wallace - Addressing The Emerging Challenges of …
- HIS 2016: High Integrity Software Conference
November 1, 2016 - Bristol, UK
- Tutorial: An Introduction to Systems Safety
September 29, 2016 - London, UK
A full programme is now available for this event.
Bookings for this event can now be taken online: please click here to
access our online store
Concepts and Terminology
- Seminar: Safety Arguments: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
June 9, 2016 - London, UK
The slides from the presentations are available below:
01 - John Spriggs - Argh! You Meant: How to destroy the Customer's confidence in your assurance
02 - John Fox - Arguing …
- Seminar: Use of Service History and Field Data in Support of Safety Justifications
April 14, 2016 - London, UK
Slides from this event are now available:
1. Louise Harney - Collaborative analysis of field data
2. Celine Pasty - Focus on Iris...
3. Peter Niemann - Field Data in the EGNOS …