|Event description||Programme||Booking form|
THE SAFETY-CRITICAL SYSTEMS CLUB, Twenty-eighth annual:
Safety-Critical Systems Symposium (SSS'20)Tuesday 11 - Thursday 13 February, 2020 - York, UK
The 28th Safety-Critical Systems Symposium (SSS'20) will be held at the Principal Hotel, York from 11th to the 13th February 2020.
An updated brochure for the complete event is now available.
The Principal Hotel, York
A short video about the event including clips of previous SSS.
The Safety-Critical Systems Symposium in 2020 comprises three days of presented papers with an industrial focus, including 6 keynote talks, submitted talks, updates from the SCSC working groups and a poster session. There is also a symposium banquet with an after-dinner speaker, Tim Kelly.
The Symposium is for all of those working in the field of system and functional safety, including engineers, managers, consultants, regulators and assessors. It offers wide-ranging coverage of current safety topics, and a blend of academic research and industrial experience.
There will be six keynote speakers during the three days and an after-dinner speaker at the banquet.
The symposium features are:
- Six keynote presentations;
- Submitted papers organised into themes;
- A poster session Wednesday continuing into Thursday;
- Updates from the SCSC Working Groups;
- Delegate participation throughout including ‘Ask the Audience’ with interactive voting;
- Tools and services exhibition (Tuesday and Wednesday);
- Proceedings volume including papers for each presentation and abstracts for posters;
- A reception with drinks tasting on the Tuesday evening;
- A banquet with an after-dinner speaker on Wednesday evening;
- A chance to see York attractions on Wednesday afternoon.
The symposium is a regular event and fosters a community spirit in the field: it is a great place to network, learn about the latest practice in safety and develop new business contacts.
Travel to SSS'20
Principal York Hotel, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA
Travel to York is easy. It's situated on the main East Coast railway line with a direct link to Manchester International Airport, Leeds Bradford Airport is also close by.
Train journeys from London to York are surprisingly short at approximately 2 hours - some achieve the journey in 1hr 50mins!
Principal York is only steps from the train station, in fact, you can enter the hotel directly from the train station without stepping outside.
Manchester Airport has a direct rail link to York. See www.manchesterairport.co.uk for details.
Leeds Bradford Airport is the closest to York (45 minutes by road) See www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk for details.
If you have any travel queries please do not hesitate to contact us, email@example.com
There are several registration options available.
To book your place at the Symposium please see the "Booking Form" tab above.
Should you wish to pay by purchase order, BACS or over the phone card payment (01904 325402), please complete the registration form and return it to Alex King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to download - SSS'20 Registration Form
- One and two-day attendance packages are available.
- A reduced priced non-residential rate of £50 per day for full-time students and early career professionals under the age of 26 is available. Reduced priced places are limited, please contact email@example.com to make your booking.
For further information, exhibition and booking queries please contact: Alex King, Tel: 01904 325402; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical aspects and queries on paper submission, please contact:
Mike Parsons, email@example.com
Further details and the full brochure are here. To keep informed click on the I'm interested link below.
Scan to your smartphone calendar
SCSC 06-03-2018 [V4e]